Ronisch Bass

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:52:16 +0930

Hi Joe and Newton,

The thought has occurred to me that the harmonic structure is soundboard =
related as though the balance of the bass could be improved its the =
either the sound of the string or the soundboards delivery of that =
sound.

Newton, does the stepped length of a double wound string affect the =
harmonicity of the string ? everything else about the string appeared =
normal. And, I didn't check other notes out to see if that effect was =
continuous.

Joe, Its a tall piano, I did notice that the soundboard was square, no =
dumb bar cutting of the bottom corner in the bottom right or upper left =
areas, maybe the problem is with floppy sections of the board.

This one is a music teacher's (who talks too much) new toy, maybe I will =
just shut up. But I want to know why like all good piano tuners should.

Tony Caught ICPTG
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au
  Hi  Tony,
  You might try moving the piano out from the wall, then taking a long =
steel rod like a screwdriver bit for the combo handle press the end of =
the rod against the rib close to where the note crosses the bridge and =
at other points on the sound board bridge area.=20
  If the sound quality improves, place jiffy leads that have screw holes =
at the point where the sound improves the most.
  Joe Goss
  imatunr@srvinet.com
  www.mothergoosetools.com

  As for the Ronisch, send me the core diameter, unwound ends (end of =
copper to
  terminal point), speaking length, wrap diameter(s) and step length if =
double wound.=20
  I can then compare the inharmonicity, tension, breaking percentage =
point, power and a
  couple of other things to "acceptable" standards.  If you send me all =
the data I can
  rescale the bass, for a small fee, and send you a set of winding =
specs.

  Newton