burning shanks

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 17:51:41 -0700

Thought I'd share a problem and a solution.

I have a k52 s and s that I was (rebuilding?)  Hammers were still quite =
nice, (probably not original) but I burned hammers till Smokey the bear  =
knocked on my door and couldn't get the bass hammers to clear.  I'd get =
them to work and the next time I tried it they would catch.

After much profanity, I took my Sears saber saw with a 6 inch blade and =
put an adhesive piece of sandpaper around it on both sides and power =
sanded between the hammers and in no time it worked.  I think there were =
a few tufts of fuzz that the sandpaper removed that were causing me the =
grief.

Sure took care of the problem.  Now I'm thinking there are a lot of =
things I can adapt my saber saw to do.

Carl Meyer=20