Using the agraffe cutter

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:26:54 EDT

In a message dated 4/14/2001 6:21:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
cmpiano@home.com writes:

<< Re: Using the agraffe cutterSomeone commented that they spray the agraffes
with hi-gloss lacquer for appearance sake or to prevent tarnish.

 Question:  Am I right to assume you do this after installation in the plate?
 If before, wouldn't the tool ruin the finish when installing them?

 Thanks

 Carl Meyer

Carl:
We do spray the agraffes, but before reaming them with the agraffe "cutter";
we use a Mohawk product designed for brass primarily, called BrassLac.
PR-J