Kimball Stinks!!!

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 00:19:47 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/01 11:09:53 PM Central Daylight Time, only4zab@imt.net
(Sy Zabrocki) writes:

> Actually this Kimball stinks in more ways than one if you know what I mean.

You need to give that piano a chance aside from the odor problem.  Chances
are that if you practice only basic techniques, you'll end up with an
instrument that functions the way it should and the manufacturer expected.

>From reading all that you've done about the odor problem, I'd say you've done
what is reasonable so far.  The people that clean up after fires have special
deodorizing products.  There may be something else you can try.  Other than
that, what is typically done is to set a fan on the object for an extended
period.  It's spring now, so there may be an opportunity for you to set it
out in the sun and the wind for a a few sessions where the humidity
conditions are not extreme.  Both have powerful deodorizing effects in
themselves.

Fresh air and lots of it will eventually do the trick.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin