Yamaha PTII

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 04:15:37

Hi, Kevin,

   In Randy Potter's course notes, a number of years ago, he addressed the
issue of preset tunings on the Yamaha PT I.

   As I recall, his advice was that for the bass on many pianos, one could
go into the Vernier mode (spelling ?) and after F33, below,  subtract one
step which would be 0.2 cents for each note  on that machine's curve.  He
felt that this would give an acceptable bass for N. Am. market pianos.

   Obviously, one would need to add aural checks to this to make sure that
the transition was smooth.  However, it might be a start with your
compatriot.

Sincerely,
Tom Dickson