Decker Bros. Upright

Terry Beckingham beckingt@mb.sympatico.ca
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 20:25:56 -0500

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply.  I suspect that the bass strings were replaced on an
ad hoc basis as they broke over a period of time. It's not like all of the
single or double unisons were replaced. It appears though, that the
replacement strings were custom made as they do not appear to be hex core
universal strings.

I think there is quite a sentimental value to the new owner. I believe the
piano was in her family since it was new, and that she learned to play on
it. It is really a nice old piano. It appears that the case was
professionally refinished at some point and still has a lovely appearance.
I'll see if the owner will spring for restringing and perhaps new hammers.
Maybe new bushing where required. I doubt that she will go for more than that.

Thanks for your reply.

Terry Beckingham