Wittner ETD

Paul Mulik squadcar63@yahoo.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:38:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hello list,

I have an older (mid 1980s) ETD made by Wittner.  I
bought it used, with no instruction manual.  I used it
for a while with fairly good results (I now use RCT).
I'd like to sell the Wittner, but first I need some
help.

For the "tune" and "sound" knobs, there are settings
for E/G, M, B, and W.  I assume the E is for Equal
Temperament (since I am still a beginner, this is the
only setting I have ever used).  I guess the M is for
mean tone, but I don't know what the G, B, or W (Well?
Werkmeister?) stand for.

On the left side is the octave knob, with 14
positions: 1 through 7 on top, and 1 through 7 again
on the bottom.  I'm not clear why there are two sets
of numbers.  Through experimentation, it seems that
the upper settings allow the readout (red and green
LEDs) to move while you are tuning, while the lower
settings do not.  The lower settings seem more
sensitive, but it takes a couple of seconds for it to
pick up the note being played before it gives a
readout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If anyone
should happen to have an owner's manaul for this
device that they could sell me, that would be even
better.

Thanks,
Paul Mulik