Veritune

joe2332 joegum@webtv.net
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:07:59 -0400 (EDT)

    A brief comment re the Verituner100....  I have spent over 20 years
tuning ET by ear.   I shall never return to the old methods except for
tuning unisons and to verify the results given by Verituner100.  I am in
awe.                                                    I know others
will find their own methods and procedures, but I'll tell you mine.  I
simply strip mute, tune A4 and work chromatically towards the tenor /
bass break, or, until I can get some of the wound strings into the mix.
Then, I check my octaves and then my 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, etc.  for good
progression.  If I don't like what I'm getting, (and I usually do at
this point ) I don't waste time trying to figure out what's wrong like
in the "old days."   Since the machine has data on all the strings I've
already tuned, I  let it do the work. I just hit RECALC. Then I go back
to A4 and tune down chromatically again.  This time to A0.  Then I go to
A#4 and tune up chromatically to C8.  It's that easy.  I've already used
this on some of my most knowledgeable customers....they love the
results.  So do I.              -Joe