To Check or not to Check

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 09:37:21 +0200

This raises the issue of backchecking in grands again... I tend to aggree with
Carols basic premise. I like smooth tails, free of any fat / oils whathaveyou
nicely arced  combined with good regulation and tight hammershank centers gives
me the best results and keeps wear of the check leather down to an absolute
minimum.

I think really what "friction" is involved in the checking process is the result
of the backcheck sinking deep (read....putting tension on the checkwire .....)
into the check Anything (like roughing the tails) that inhibits the tail from
diving deep in there is a negative.

immaho

--
Richard Brekne