Bridge pins/ Pin blocks.

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 18:09:55 -0500

--
>Richard Brekne

Hi Ric,
           I've seen enough failed pin blocks on grands in this area, to
have an opposing view.
Delamination around the tenor break where the pins are close, and there is
very little material, is the highest risk zone. Given our dry climate, and
the way 60yr old hide glues behave here, it's a very high risk.