Scale design question

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 08:51:56 +0000

To Del Fandrich, Dampp Chaser, and Other
      How much consideration is given to tuning stability in
scale/board/bridge/rib design?   Much focus is on even tone and smooth
temperament over the break.  That is all good,  but  how about making the low
tenor so it changes more equally with the rest of the piano in a weather
change?  How possible is that?  How much sacrifice would be needed?
       Dampp chasers systems really help,  but I find it hard to keep folks
from unplugging them.  We need battery operated "Plug this unit in" beepers for
churches.

-Mike Jorgensen
Tuning instability could kill the acoustic piano.

I can't speak for the others, but in the Baldwin 243 studio -- at least as I