Bridge caps

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 21:15:22 EDT

In a message dated 4/2/2001 8:01:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

<< nanopinology. >>
Isn't Nanopin a small town on Cape Cod?

Terrific! Another field of study. But do you actually think that the cap
itself is "sliding" up and down the pin? You measured, as I recall 80
thousandths difference or in the vicinity; couldn't this as well be wood
fiber expansion instead of, well wait a minute, maybe this six of one and
half a dozen of the other. I just have a hard time picturing the CAP rising
and subsiding like that. Are we talking about different coefficients of
expansion between same wood/different grain orientation? But, yes, I have
noticed the notching on the pin and have attributed it more to string
movement than pin movement or cap movement. HMMMM. Truly nanopinology.
PR-J