Bridge caps

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:17:25 EDT

In a message dated 4/2/2001 2:56:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

<< Also, FWIW, I recently ran a test on a sample bridge section to see what
 happens to bridge pin height during humidity swings. Cooked in a fishing
 rod case with a DC heater rod for three days, the average pin height above
 the bridge cap measured 0.126". After three days in a plastic container
 with an open bowl of water, average pin height was 0.117". Better not file
 those pins too low in the winter.

Ron:
Sorry I didn't get to this in my other note. This is very interesting. What
do you attribute this to, wood shrinkage or pin shrinkage? Or both? By the
way, I thoroughly enjoy your responses. I have a lot to learn yet, thank the
gods, or this business would be become tiresome pretty rapidly.
PR-J