Hex Core Inharmonicity

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:03:42 -0700

    Richard Brenke wrote:
  "that would seem to me to make the string tend towards
being less stiff... which would raise the inharmonicity..... but..."

    Richard, wouldn't a less stiff wire result in "lower" inharmonicity? =
 Could you perhaps tell me where I'm wrong on this? I was under the =
impression that inharmonicity goes up as the shorter segments of the =
wire vibrating at the higher partials becomes proportionally thicker, =
thus stiffer.=20

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com=20