Dampp Chaser Smart Bar History +

Patrick C Poulson pcpoulso@pacbell.net
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:59:37 -0700

Ron: I have only installed a few "Smart Bars", but I did have a problem with
one system that kept blinking red.  It turned out that the bar had
accumulated a small mineral deposit which was shorting out the sensor.  It
seems that this system is extremely sensitive to this problem, and it almost
seems that the red light blinks when the bar needs to be cleaned, rather
than when the pads need replacement.  I cleaned the bar with a plastic
kitchen pot scrubber, and the problem was solved.  I don't particularly like
the new Smart Bar system, it seems to be more trouble than its worth.
Patrick Poulson, RPT