Money, Power, and Pianos (was Re: Adios Amigos)

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sun, 01 Apr 2001 11:28:06 -0700

I have a number of hotels in SF as clients and have watched the Food &
Beverage managers come and go on a regular basis.  Every two years or so
they are relocated to another in the chain.  Many years ago, at the F & B
manager's request, one high scale establishment bought two matching
Disklaviers (with the wagons) for use in the restaurant and lobby.  Several
years later one of next directors simply detested "player pianos" and the
wagons were relegated holding drinks and eventually stored away in the
bowels of the hotel.  Now, some managers later, the new one wants to get
one up and running again...problem is no one knows where the wagons are...I
told him once they are located I will see what I can do.  That was about a
month ago...

David I.