SOT

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.net
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:45:19 -0500

Dick Beaton writes:

You can get a=440 on your short wave radio WWV.  You will find it on 5000,
10,000, and 15000 mc [kHz, actually].  They give you a minute of it.....I
think 18 min. after each hour, but now sure of that. Been awhile.
<<<

I just checked http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/iform.html
and I see that the 440 Hz tone is broadcast at 2 min. after the
hour and lasts 1 minute.  Better be ready when it comes around or
you will have to wait another hour.  It would be better if you could use
the 500 Hz or 600 Hz tones which are broadcast much more often.

-Robert Scott
 Ypsilanti, MI