I'm clean

Mon, 30 Oct 2000 06:56:48 -0600

Clyde,

At 07:18 10/30/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I was under the impression that viruses always arrive as an attachment to an
>email, and that if I don't open the attachment I can't get the virus.  Is
>there
>anyone on this list with enough "tech-savvy" to verify this?

I am far from the most cyber-savvy on the list, but the hanson.scr _did_
load into my attachment directory at home.  I did NOT open it.  I DELETED
the file from both that location _and_ the recycled bin.  Then I downloaded
and ran the fixmtx program which told me that my hard drive was clean, so I
think you are right - at least with _this_ virus.

My tuppence.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
then used against you.