Acoutic VS Electric Pianos

Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:03:52 +0100

"Dan Hallett Jr." wrote:

> Well, thats going to happen anyways. Each year they get better and better
> reproducing the sound of an acoustic piano. Sooner or later it will be good
> enough to overcome enough of the remaining reasons for buying an acoustic
> piano
> that folks will start buying these instead. And I mean big time. I would
> think
> that it would hit the low end of the acoustic market most, but who knows.
>
> Another danger with all this is that at some point there will not be enough
> market to support the industry as a whole, and when that happens the
> knowledge
> base will begin to suffer. Then you have an evil circle started which is
> going
> to be hard to fight against.
>
> - --
> Richard Brekne
> RPT, N.P.T.F.
> Bergen, Norway
>
> I have both an electric and acoustic instrument. The electric was used
> exclusively this summer. At the end of the summer, I couldn't wait to get
> back to the acoustic instrument. The electric instrumentt's sound came at
> you...the acoustic's enveloped you. There was absolutely NO comparison.
>
> Dan Hallett, RPT

You know that, and I know that, but that fact is of no consequence here. Fact is
that the acoustic piano industry is to a huge degree dependant on all those
folks out there buying pianos for their kids, students, whathaveyou... that
really never spend more then a year or so playing. Or schools that just need
something to play a few kindegarten songs on. Its what THESE people end up
deciding that will have the impact I described above.

Grin... Ever read the book Player Piano ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.