I'm clean

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:31:37 -0600

At 08:52 PM 10/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 10/29/2000 2:33:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>drose@dlcwest.com writes:
>
>> You might still have an unnecessary file called loadwc.exe.
>
>Don,
>I have this file and it is running. Do you know any more about it, where it
>came from, or what launches it? It is not in config.sys, autoexec.bat, etc.
>Thanks,
>Bob

Hi Bob,
A Google search (second item on the list) produced this.

Loadwc.exe, also known as Load WebCheck, is responsible for customizing
some of the settings in Internet
 Explorer. Loadwc.exe is responsible for adding, removing, and updating
subscriptions. Loadwc.exe also
 propagates settings for user profiles. After restarting your computer
during Internet Explorer Active Setup,
 Loadwc.exe copies Internet Explorer settings that need to be updated for
each user profile.

 Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Q176960 for more information.

Ron N