explaining Pitch raise....

RustRazor@AOL.COM RustRazor@AOL.COM
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:07:56 EDT

<<<
If there's a question regarding pitch over the phone (and there usually is),
I get out my trusty Sanderson Accu-Fork and ask them to play the "a" if they
can find it. It's pretty easy to slide the point to zero vibrations (unisons
aside) and quote a price on pitch adjustments at $1. per ¢ based on the scale
on the Accu-Fork. They can hear the fork and you can hear their "a".

Fifty cents off is fifty dollars more on the bill if they want A440.

If I don't have the fork handy, I'll often quote 70 per cent of my tuning fee
as a "minimum", adding that it could be more.  $100. might scare them but
$70. (with the expectation of more) will get you the >>>

Should we assume that your financial example is in canadian $$$??

Matt W, NY