TSHs

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:38:06 -0700

Hey, I have a 61 note Wurlitzer mini-piano...can I bash that?

David I.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
David M. Porritt
  Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 6:50 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: TSHs

  Conrad:

  You just don't get it do you!  You can not denigrate anything that has 88
keys.  There are no piano shaped objects (PSOs).  They're all just fine
instruments waiting for the master's touch.  You CAN, however, bash TSHs
(Tuner shaped humans).  Since 90% of tuners don't know what in the world
they are doing and put some perverse temperament on pianos, these people
should be exposed, shamed and run out of business.  So in the future, save
your harshest comments for the more than 90% who don't know how to set an
equal temperament, yet miraculously do a well-temperament backwards.  Not
just random small errors, mind you, but a nicely crafted well temperament
but backward.

  dave

  PS - Can I borrow one of your heavy duty flame suits?

--
  David M. Porritt
  dporritt@swbell.net