explaining Pitch raise....

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:34:26 -0400

Terry,

If you are just starting your business and have a lot of first-time clients, I'm
sure it is wearying to cover the same territory over and over.  It will get
better after you've built up your clientele; probably 5-10% of my appointments
are for first-timers.

If you think it might be best not to bring up the pitchraise in the first place,
you could try it for a month or so and see what happens, then evaluate.  But I
suspect you might have disgruntled clients, because they may think a tuning
should *include* a pitchraise.  I nearly always discuss it with them on the
phone first.  As you say, they are generally not surprised that the appointment
may cost more than a standard tuning if the piano has been neglected for years.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA