NPR - Crash, Bang, Crunch - my first service call of the day

Douglasmahard@AOL.COM Douglasmahard@AOL.COM
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:38:47 EDT

Here is how my day started:
Stage tuning at a local high school.  Stage door is unlocked for me by band
director but doesn't give me any lights.  It's dark!  I think I remember
where the switches are and make my way over to that area.  I start groping
around on the wall for the light switch and hit the curtain switch instead.
Lots of noise with large things falling over and glass breaking as the
curtain drags across a stage set.

The front of the stage set didn't survive.  Two large walls fell over, one
hitting a sofa and buckling, the other draping itself over a table with a
flower vase and type writer on it.  Two panels popped out of this one.
Flower vase in lots-o-pieces.  CA glue could put humpty dumpty back together
again.

I find the drama instructor and he starts yelling some choice words, not at
me but just venting.  He's done, then another little out burst.  He's
finished now and I haven't said anything other then "Sorry."  I tell him I'm
a good carpenter (previous business) and would be happy to meet with his
chief set builder to get this mess back together and put up.  He likes that
idea and heads off to teach a class.

Little white flower vases are nonexistent in Litchfield County.

Yow!

Doug Mahard