Wurly Warranty Situation

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:33:21 EDT

In a message dated 10/12/00 8:16:23 AM Central Daylight Time, A440A@AOL.COM
writes:

<< This seems to imply that there is no piano so poor that we should warn
 customers away from it.  My response was to the general nature of junk
pianos
 giving poor service for the maintenance costs involved, no specific brands
 mentioned.  If there is no alternative, yes, any piano is better than none,
 but that doesn't change the fact that there are a lof of people out there
 that have bought a cheap piano that quickly costs more to keep working than
 they ever dreamed .   >>

Here is where I can disagree without perceived sarcasm (I hope).  I don't
know of any pianos on the market now that I would categorically disrecommend.
 I might state a preference or opinion and there are and will always be
defects, but I do not agree that there are manufacturers producing "junk".

Another writer chose to bash Sohmer (a fine and classic American brand, in my
opinion, even if I personally would never put *those* strings on one).  I
stand by what I said, if one is bashed, they all are, or at least it opens
the field up to all of them.  I can hardly think of a brand of piano that I
haven't seen bashed or called a "PSO", including Steinway.  I work in
professional/performing musician circles too and I learned long ago not to
openly express my dislike of a piano to be used on stage, not for any reason.
 My job is to do something about the problems there are, not blame the
manufacturer or to make the customer, establishment or artist feel stupid for
having made any particular choice.

Don't confuse what you may want to perceive as sarcasm or a personal attack
with the satirizing of misinformation, prejudice and bigotry.  Absurdity is
often best illustrated with absurdity itself.  (I personally don't care who
reads or does not read my posts.  I probably dump and delete as many or more
than anyone else.  Don't get angry, get *over* it.)

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin