New Nordic Tech List

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 07:25:46 GMT

>Hope none of you drop out of the PTG list tho... The Americans and the
>Europeans have everything to gain by increasing communication and
>cooperation.

I agree Richard,  I have appreciated the posts from you "Nordics".  They
open windows into a world that we know so little about.  I have been trying
to understand the salutations you use, "Hej", and have heard about pianos I
didn't even know exist.  Also we have ways of doing technical jobs that
differ from area to area and it benefits all to share them.

  The humor that so many here complain about (it's supposed to be a
_technical_ list) is even more difficult to wade through than what we are
used to since we don't know the allusions, but so what?  If we see that that
is what is on a thread and we don't have time for such, there is always the
delete key. (Besides I have laughed uproariously over Kristinn's stories and
read them to my friends.)

Meanwhile there is an opening for some humanity between people who spend
their days in similiar ways with similiar concerns although they be
separated by oceans.  We _all_ love pianos and we are all willing to do what
it takes to make them as beautiful sounding as possible.

I have been reading through the first year's PTG Journals; in those days the
techs called each other "Brother"; Brother Travis, Brother Crowell, etc.
Kinda nice......

Sister Hofstetter