butt plates and repair clips

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:26:30 GMT

Hi Lynn,

  I don't know of any glue to hold the repair clip in place with, but I have
had success in the past with making a new action rail that I designed to use
with the wooden flanges.  Once that is done the whole problem is solved.  Of
course if you only have one broken one and are not rebuilding the piano that
is a bit extreme.

  Would it be possible to cut that one section of the brass rail out and
replace it with a Billings flange?  Just an idea, don't know if it would
actually work....
  Diane