separated back

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:00:01 EDT

Hi, Clyde:

I did one of these Cable console back repairs a few months ago, with the back
separated just like you described.  The veneer on top of the piano disguises
the separation, so I missed it at first too--although its good to know I
wasn't the only one who didn't immediately catch it....

I actually completely relaxed the tension.  It makes pulling everything back
together easier.  Be patient and don't use fast setting glue or epoxy.  Quote
for a hammer filing too -- string alignment won't be quite as critical, and t
probably needs it anyway (I would gang file the hammers on this piano...).  I
drilled extra holes so that my repair bolts went through every post.  I also
repaired the bottom, which was also separating.  Piano is solid at A440.
Worth it if you get paid well for your trouble, which is about what the piano
will be worth when you are done.

Bill Shull, RPT

In a message dated 10/11/00 4:00:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,