Wurly Warranty Situation

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:25:13 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/00 8:05:00 AM Central Daylight Time, GPRogers1
writes:

<< Bill, his answer only means that he doesnt like Wurlitzers, I dont like
them
 either..  (snip)>>

Maybe I have the same opinion that you and Ed have.  When I was in my 20's
and I had a problem with a Cable piano and sought advice about what to do, I
was asked, "What kind of piano is it?" and the response to the name "Cable"
was, "Well, *there's* your problem!  Hardee-har-har.", followed by the
typical, "We only work on Steinways, blah blah blah...".  As time went on, I
saw some of the Steinways they "worked" on.  The rest and *they* are history.

I didn't answer the original question because I happen to have much the same
opinion that you and Ed have and I really don't have a ready solution for the
complex problems that were cited.  I might, in fact, brush most of them off
and do nothing about them by getting the customer to understand that these
are part of the nature of this kind of piano.  There are too many
manufacturing defects present to try to "make a silk purse out of a sow's
ear" although there probably can be something done about some of the problems
with procedures or techniques that are simple enough without going overboard
on time and effort.

This response however is intended only to make the technician who has the
problem feel stupid for even thinking something can be done:  <<its a
wurlitzer, duh.....what do you expect? >>  In my view, *this* is the personal
attack, not anything I wrote.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin