Days

Sun, 01 Oct 2000 12:09:44 +0200

Richard Moody wrote:

> I concur.  "If you can't stand the heat, don't go into the kitchen."  Harry
> Truman.
> MOST of the loud music shows were professional and considerate above
> expectations and as Jim says were a pleasure to work with.  It was the
> tuners with attitudes that had the most problems or so I heard, ( and
> replaced sometimes).  If you don't like the work, don't take it, refer it to
> me, or someone closer who likes it.  In return I will gladly recomend you to
> a classical flute player whose pianist seems to not like certain bass
> octaves in a C7---ric

I am not sure what you are concurring with ric... but it seems like you are of
the opinion that someone on this planet could have tuned this piano in this
situation and that I should have had the courtesy to refer the customer to them.

This is not the case. I am known in western Norway for being thee piano tuner
who can handle the most noise, and is most willing to cooperate with lighting
and sound folks. Didnt get to be the tech for 2 of the major jazz festivals in
northern europe for nothing.

There is a point where working conditions for any type of job become impossible,
or at least so absurd that it is idiocy to subject oneself, or anyother person
to them. I say it again.. there was absolutley no way this piano was going to be
tuned by anyone with any piece of equipement. Period. And frankly I find it
ludricrioius to even consider the possibility... even for the most uneducated
mind.

To use your expression a bit differently... if you want to get into this
particular kitchen... be prepared for a temperature of around 210 degrees. You
want to defend the possibility of working in that kind of environment when it is
perfectly possible to turn down the temperature... well be my guest. I on the
other hand see no point to such nonsense.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.