how high(low) do you go?

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:47:10 +0000

Hi David,

Unlike pianos organs are affect by the barometric pressure. It is not
uncommon for a "great" flute stop to change 30 cents in pitch overnight,
atleast where I live.

At 06:47 AM 11/29/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I regularly tune the piano in a church here that has a pipe organ.  Organ
tuners seem to have a different concept of "tuning".  I've measured several
different "A"s from different ranks and found they range from +18.0 to
-4.0.  This is not counting "celeste" stops.  This was measured 2 days
after the organ "tuners" had finished their work.  I just tuned the piano
at 440, and explained that this was the best we could hope for under the
circumstances.

>dave
>

>David M. Porritt
>dporritt@swbell.net