bosendorfer imperial pianos

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:51:24 +0000

Hi Stephen,
nice to see some young blood around the geriatrics here,

I donīt rebuild pianos, so I donīt feel confident in giving you advice in
that.

>I often notice that I might be able to get the temperament fairly good in
>tune, but there'll often be a stray wildly-beating fifth or two (about
>3-5bps near the midrange of the piano)

However my dear man, if you have " a wildly beating fifth or two" near the
midrange, the temperament is to blame :-)
And as things go, if you have a wildly beating fifth, you must have a pure
and a reverse fourth, and a pure and a  diabolically fast third...

Thatīs it, itīs like building a house of cards, the foundation has to be
"perfect"

Best regards,

Kristinn

P.S. Are you by any chance breaking my youth record here?
If thou art younger than 21 we suggest thou vanisheth with utmost haste
lest  we shall have to thrash thee! <g>