reply to Vanbrussel on yamaha hmrs

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:52:06 -0800

To vanbrussel  I was not reffering to the use of steam to effect tonal
changes but rather the use of it during there original manufacture.I.E.
introducing steam into the hammer press  which by the way is heated usually
in the vacinity of 140 degrees or so .Sorry for the confusion .The heat
makes the felt more pliable and moldable the steam allows it to be packed
and densified further. It is only my opinion that this works well up to a
point and beyond that parameters are exeeded.   thanks ,Dale Erwin R.P.T.