Cents=Lbs

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 10:33:06 -0600

>So what you are basically saying is that trying to convince the customer that
>the reason a pitch raise is hard on the piano is because of the increase in
>pounds on the downbearing, would be as complicated to her as it is to us.

No, what I'm saying is that the numbers aren't nearly as big and therefore
impressive when you're talking about bearing as when you're talking about
tension. Bearing doesn't mean anything at all to nearly any customer, and
not much to most technicians, but tension tonnage numbers get everyone's
attention.

>I think I'll stay with my original comparison of percentage. That I can
>understand, and I think the customer will too.
>
>Wim

Whatever works. I don't see that it really matters in the long run how it's
approached, as long as the piano ends up at pitch and the customer
understands the need. Then again, the percentage deal has me confused
already (which isn't that hard). You're substituting % for cents, is that
right?

Ron N