Twangy pianos + stringing

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:17:12 -0500

Hi Joe,

Sorry about the last post, my leg is bothering me, my back
is bothering me, no girl is bothering me...

We are learning a lot of new stuff all the time.  This is
much yet to know indeed, and I hope some of it comes into
focus before I gp tune St. Pete's junky upright.

In Steinway the stringers normal string four pianos a day.
Of course, that is all they do, day after day, string.  They
don't have TIME to worry about a wee twist in the string.
If you feel more comfortable in making sure there is a
minimum of twist in a string then more power to you.

One thing I have learned, don't buy the first model of
anything.  Wait until the Mark II or Mark III is out before
investing a lot of money into something untried.  At least
not until some really god eggs have found most of the flaws
and they have been corrected.  If dropping a thousand bucks
doesn't bother you then go ahead but I personally can't
afford to do that.

TuneLab is free, play with that for a while.

		Newton