Style 2 Steinway bulging pinblock

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:54:43 EST

Ed,

Just picked up your post on this.  I service a Style 4 which was rebuilt 20
years ago, and the pinblock obviously bows DOWN in the middle!  This piano
does hold pitch, though.  There was once hardware which tied the "belly" to
the pinblock/plate, but it is all gone now, cut off at the belly.

At this moment I am trying to figure out the treble scale and what the
appropriate wire, etc. is for my own Style 2.   I hope to avoid this problem
when I put in the new pinblock, and hope your question has gotten some good
answers.

Bill Shull, RPT

In a message dated 11/15/00 8:33:38 AM Pacific Standard Time, A440A@AOL.COM