Getting finger prints off a mat finish

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:27:04 -0500

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:11:00 -0800 "David Ilvedson, RPT" <ilvey@jps.net>
writes:
> It seems to me that Windex has alcohol and Cory Products don't.  This
> may or
> may not be a problem but Cory advertising lists alchol as a no-no.
> Any
> opinions?  Ha...
>
> David I.

I believe the original question related to "newer Japanese pianos", which
certainly would not be lacquer.  On these polyester finishes, alcohol is
fine.  Especially the amounts found in windex!  Even rubbing alcohol, as
Kevin noted, has no detrimental effect on polyester.

Lacquer is a different story, but few new pianos have been coated with NC
lacqer since the mid-to-late 70's, to my knowledge.  Especially
Japanese....

The fact that Cory promises no alcohol means that it is safe for 'all
finishes'.

Old and new.....

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com