..stability issue..revisited..

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:03:35 -0500

Folks,=20

Thanks for all the responses..I spent 2 hrs. there yesterday on =
Piano#1..took some numbers from the worst offenders.

Conclusions:

My technique is fine.
They need to be tuned more..i saw the 'entertainment' schedule for =
November..it involves at least one piano every night.

The numbers I got from the worst offenders were interesting..for =
example: on one note, L Unison was +8.4 from 'in tune'(Using the SATll), =
C Unison was -4.2, and the R Unison was +1.3..I have a page saved ot the =
SAT for Pno.1.

Octaves 5 and 6 were where the problem was..suprised?!?

In his original note to me, he said the piano was "hurting his =
ears"..well, if that's the case, then the club is going to have to bone =
up for more frequent tunings. If I were to play a night on that piano, =
being as picky as I am, I will admit that there were some notes that =
would bother me, knowing what I know about tuning..but knowing the =
history of this room and the entertainment schedule of the room aside, =
it still was not 'bad'.

I did go ahead and stretch the wire..I also looked at the coils, but =
made no attempt to tap them..Good suggestion Ron(?), but I have already =
done that to this piano.

The only cure for this issue, as far as I can tell, is more frequent =
tunings.

Thanks to all who contributed publicly and privately..it's complaints =
like this that make you question your abilities and/or your =
technique..both seem to be in good working order.

Rook(rip)

Phil