pitch frequency

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:35:39 -0800

Doug,

The frequencies may be calculated by multiplying each successive half
step by the twelfth root of 2 (1.0594631).

Hence:
	A	220.000
	A#	233.082
	B	246.942
	C	261.626
	C#	277.183
	D	293.665
	D#	311.127
	E	329.628
	F	349.228
	F#	369.994
	G	391.995
	G#	415.305
	A	440.000

Note that these are theoretical frequencies and that actual frequencies
in real pianos will differ due to inharmonicity, which causes the
harmonics to go a bit sharp.