Stanwood Precision Touch (was Re: System)

Fri, 03 Nov 2000 21:50:56 +0100

N Luehrmann wrote:

> So the Stanwood Precision TouchDesign is really only meant for pianos that
> can't be properly regulated?

I dont think this is what Newton meant. I think he probably was saying that
doing a Stannwood Precision TouchDesign is going to be costly for you. You
will get great results to be sure. Just be sure you really want this
proceedure.

You gotta ask yourself if your piano is really ok as it is or not.

All that being said... I am in the middle of learning as much on my own as I
can about this system. As soon as I feel comfortable that I have basically
understood what he is doing, I will go and take his certification training. My
first attempt at this proceedure is nearing an end and I have learned a whole
bunch about grand action geometry, tho admitedly I have lots and lots left to
think through. In any case now, I am ready to graduate the strike weights and
weight off the keys appropriately  and already I know that the difference
between what I started with, and what I will end up with is going to be a
dramatic improvement.

If your action is in bad shape, and you need / want the best you can get...
then go for it. But if your action functions very well already, then prehaps a
less expensive proceedure is more what you need.

(I missed out on the origional posting so this is sorta jumping in the middle
of things... :) )