Peeved in Pennsylvania... (long)

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Mon, 29 May 2000 10:10:05 -0500

Brian,  As you might remember I had a 6'3" Balwin plate break because
that strut was no longer holding the plate down. It was an old piano and
the threads into the wood strut attatchment were pulled out.

Tension should be lowered before the plate cracks. Balwin should replace
the piano.

I don't see an easy fix when the bolt has to be replaced and it goes
directly into a primary belly strut.
Rich