Coils and tuning pin bushings

Pianogreig@AOL.COM Pianogreig@AOL.COM
Sun, 28 May 2000 12:10:54 EDT

Clyde - with regard to the metal tuning pin hole bushings, when I've come
across them they tend to make the pin jumpy & hard to control & not
necessarily tight enough.

In a recent post to someone else's inquiry on this subject I recommended
using thin strips of sandpaper instead & have found this to give good
results.  I use 4 strips of fine grit cut narrow & long enough to insert into
the hole (grit against wood) & have enough to fold down on the top so they
aren't pulled into the hole when the pin is driven in.

Bruce