Midnight Puzzler

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 22:52:57 -0500

>>Again close but no cigar for you either! :-)
>>Your prize for being 'not correct' is that you get to pay in inflated
dollars
>>to attend convention.
>Jim Bryant (FL)
>
>James,
>
>I claim "foul"!
>
>Regardless of and in which ever way, this_was a "fallboard misalignment.
>Worm or missing rubber doo-hickeys are every bit as important as misplaced
>hinges.
>John (no faulty tips) Lillico

Hey John, Glad to hear your tips are functional (I know I sure hate it when
MY tips quit working), but you really need to realize that it wasn't really
a "misalignment" problem so much as a "misrotationalizement" sort of thing.
That may not be all that important ( that's "impordant" in the sou.. er,
South, by the way ) where you live, but it's worth about a quart's worth of
debate in Florida, as I understand it, Southern Comfort apparently being
the coin of the realm. All things considered, you need to factor in the
source, region of origin, the heavy handed taunting with the clues and
hints in the later stages, and the disturbing possibility that the whole
thing was rigged in the first place just to drive up the price of your
personal convention expenses. While I admit a certain appreciation, if not
actual admiration of the relatively subtle and complex machinations
involved in getting you in precisely this position, I must, with whatever
decorum and illusion of propriety I can muster at this point, regret having
been suckered into such a shabby and nefarious scheme under the guise of a
harmless technical service conundrum. In retribution, I think we should
pool our collective weight, and possibly height, at the Yamaha reception
and see to it that the perpetrator is forced to subsist solely on club soda
and cellophane packaged saltines for the entirety of the evening, though
this will probably supercede, cancel, and/or negate the possibility of my
ever receiving the payment promised for my participation in this project.
Given that consideration, maybe we should make him stand in front of the
saxophonist all evening too.

Regards,
Ron N