Kent State job

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Tue, 23 May 2000 01:19:35 EDT

I agree that if you add up all of the benefits, it seems like an attractive
offer. But if I read it right, they are looking for an experienced technician
in tuning, concert work, repair, regulation, rebuilding, and harpsichord
experience. (I do not have the post right in front of me so I am capable of a
misquote.)

Now if a technician is looking to relocate, he or she must first sell his or
her house.  Then find a house where he or she is moving to.  At 12.74/hr, it
totals 25480.00. When applying for a home mortgage, that is not much to
qualify for a nice home, especially if you need room for the kids. (At least
not where we live but where you are moving to the market may be lower). The
mortgage company does not care about how much benefits you have, insurance,
401K, free tuition. Only salary. I know, because we have sold and bought a
house recently. Not once did they ask about my wife's benefits, which are
quite good because she works in the public school system.

So it gets down to what you are worth and I am sure it is much more than the
university floor sweeper.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR

In a message dated 05/22/2000 7:44:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,