Premium Rates

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sun, 21 May 2000 17:19:30 -0300

Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.
----- Original Message -----
From: John Lillico, RPT <staytuned@idirect.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2000 4:49 PM
Subject: Premium Rates

> I used to reduce my charge during the slow months of July and August to
"encourage" business. It became a tradition. But, this year.... no way! In
fact, after seven years, I'll be increasing my charge by about ten per cent
come September.

> When I look cumulatively over the past six years, the busiest to slowest
months are Dec., Nov., Oct., Sep., Apr., Mar., Jan., Aug., May, Feb., June
and July. This has led me to consider charging a "premium" during those four
busy months, definitely not this year but, perhaps in 2001.

> Is there a law of economics here? Usually things are expensive when
they're scarce. I am thinking the same logic should apply to scarceness as
in the availability of slots, as in booking appointments.