Kent State tech position

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 20 May 2000 00:53:55 -0500

The offer seems insulting to those who cannot remember when they did not
earn $25, 484.00 after expenses.
Did you read the whole post?  It said full benifits.  That can mean up to
$300 a month more.  What does your self employed health care cost? Also it
said "free tuition".
The poster said he earned a degree and his wife earned a bachlors and
masters.
The value of that is at least 50 grand for two under grad degrees, and I
suppose 25 grand for a masters.
    The bottom line is how many people apply.  If you  you are so much
better off than $25k net, I don't see why it matters to you why someone new
would want to work their way up by starting at beginning wages.  For a job
that needs no formal education that seems a fair offer.  Sure there are
institutions that have potential for twice as much, perhaps because it costs
4 times as much to go there instead of K State, and their prestige, etc
etc..... but it would be 10 times harder to get that job.
If the top rated institutions lower their rates for technicians, because of
the lowest paying institutions, then we might have cause to fret.  But that
ain't gonna happen unless capitalism collapses like communism, or the
magnetic poles reverse, or a super nova, or.......   ---ric

Subject: RE: Kent State tech position