Two questions/ivories and Polish pianos

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Tue, 16 May 2000 22:12:58 EDT

A customer of mine today mentioned to me that her daughter had just purchased
a fine Polish piano.  I am not aware of any Polish pianos being sold here in
the US. Anybody have information about this?

Secondly:  I have noticed several recent inputs on ivories and how one finds
them, matches them and glues them.  Some of the answers sound rather
involved.  Has anyone ever tried gluing them on (after some sanding of both
surfaces) with....
CA?  I do it all the time.  Is there something wrong about using CA for ivory
or plastic tops?  Am I missing something?  Please inform me of my errant ways.
Incidentally, I love the Vagias keytops sold in the Schaff catalog.  I have
them in various colors and sizes and have to really strain to see the
difference between these and genuine ivory.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio