ET guitar (was Bassplaying)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Tue, 16 May 2000 14:46:22 -0500

>...Another regular contributor
>who plays the guitar tuned it according to what I said and proclaimed that
>the guitar had sounded better being simply out of tune...
>Bill Bremmer RPT...

FWIW Dept.
Since I am the one to whom this reference applies, I must correct this
comment, as it is inaccurate.  The following is what was proclaimed:

"...the guitar I used for this tuning experiment actually sounded better
when I took it out of the case, having been in the case for a month, then
after I started tweaking it to those numbers you posted.."
(Re: What temperament is a guitar tuned?, 6/3/98)

Apparently this contributor assumed the guitar in question was out of tune,
and at the same time, allowed himself to surmise the capacity and/or skills
to know the difference did not exist.

While it is perfectly understandable for assumptions to be made, these
particular ones, would be in error.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731