eating crow and annoying posts

Carol Beigel carolrpt@hotmail.com
Sat, 13 May 2000 17:00:33 EDT

My sincere apologies, and thanks to Jim Bryant for pointing this out to me,
that I did the very same thing to this list that I was complaining about -
garbage (unreadable stuff) in the bandwidth. Good thing I'm a proponent of
education, huh? That was my first post to pianotech from my new hotmail
account, and I did this on my parent's new computer, which I never used
before! I will have to take it for granted that it had a deeply colored
background as I have not been able to see that on any of the computers I
have access to up here.

Again, my sincere appologies. However, as much as I have enjoyed the
pictures (now that I can see them!)they still mess up the archives. And tho
I like seeing what folks look like, and wouldn't mind seeing pictures of
technical things, it is still better to post attachments and photographs to
a web page, and then direct everyone to the link. Personally, I think being
able to get pictures and sound clips is absolutely wonderful and would like
to be able to use this technology on Pianotech without being obnoxious! I am
now inspired to actually use the web page space that comes with my internet
account.  My Dad showed me how to use hot spots (sort of secret buttons) on
web pages, so that is what I'm gonna do!

I would hope that those more familiar with the email software will continue
to help educate those of us in using it both at home and on the road. Carl
Root made a suggestion last year that may be helpful now more than ever, and
that is to add a category in the subject line before the subject, i.e.
question, story, social, etc. or whatever categories the folks on Pianotech
would like to see. It would certainly make it easier to sort thru the
messages. If the best way today is to subscribe in non digest form to take
advantage of the pictures and other assorted goodies, then I am all for it.
I understand this technique is used on other lists. Could we try it here?

I think Pianotech has something for everyone - we just need to figure out a
good way to find it!

Carol Beigel
on the road in Zelienople, Pa