Steinway console tuning

Jay Mercier jaymercier@hotmail.com
Fri, 12 May 2000 15:07:30 PDT

List, I appreciate all the feedback.  The only RPT in my area who just
retired was "outstanding;" now I have to pick up some customers who have
certain expectations of what a tuner should be - most noteable on tuning
time.

On this Steinway console, it took him " an hour and a half " and took me two
and a half because he left the thing 60 cents flat.  As I did my pitch
raising duty, I began to wonder an hour and a half into the tuning (my
normal time) if this was a special piano that required a special
technician... And to explain why it took so long to the customer.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thanks again for the input!

Jay Mercier